>

Missing Air Crew Project Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Missing Air Crew Project Forum » Pat's Missing Air Crew Project Blog » I’m seeking private funding (donations) for a World War II memorial sign

Author Topic: I’m seeking private funding (donations) for a World War II memorial sign
Patrick Ranfranz
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Patrick Ranfranz   Author's Homepage   Email Patrick Ranfranz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m seeking private funding (donations) for a World War II memorial sign to be displayed at the old airfield for my Missing Air Crew Project, www.missingaircrew.com, on Yap Island. Over the last ten years we have located and identified about a dozen American crash sites on the island as we have searched for my uncle’s missing B-24. Over the last seven years the Yap Visitors Bureau (YVB), www.visityap.com, has done an outstanding job locating funding to fund memorial signs and projects to create memorial sites to honor the American’s who lost their lives on or near Yap during the war. The YVB then worked with communities throughout the island to sponsor projects to build the individual memorial sites. For example, Wuluu village in the Fanif municipality constructed a stone causeway with a bridge out to the mangrove crash site of Maj. William Clay. We have additional memorial sites planned for future funding. I’m trying to pull together private funding to sponsor a large sign to be placed at the old Japanese airfield to tell the story of the air war over Yap. I will cover ¼ of cost as my donation. So far I have received a few donations from others. If you’re interested in donating any amount (even a small amount for a number of people will add up) please use the following path. All donors will be listed on the sign when its created. My goal is to create and ship this sign to Yap before we return in early March. Donations can be made via postal mail to Patrick T. Ranfranz, Missing Air Crew Project, 1473 21 1/2 Street, Cameron, WI 54822 or via PayPal (using any credit card) to email@ranfranz.com. Please note on your payment that it is a donation for the Yap memorial sign and let me know how you want your donor credit line to read on the sign. I will post a status update over the upcoming days showing the percent of progress towards funding the sign 100%. Right now we have about 1/4 of the cost covered. Any amount will help. If you have any questions, please contact me at pat@missingaircrew.com or send me a private message. Respectfully, -Pat
Posts: 724 | From: Cameron, Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2004  |  Logged: 173.248.31.153

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Missing Air Crew Project Forum

® Copyright, MissingAirCrew.com®, All rights reserved.