>

Missing Air Crew Project Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Missing Air Crew Project Forum » Sharon Conner's Blog » Clumsy

Author Topic: Clumsy
SharonCrowleyConnor
Member # 28

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SharonCrowleyConnor   Email SharonCrowleyConnor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat suggested I post this a record of one phase of the trip. He said photos will follow.

On the way to another hotel up the road last night with Pat, Cherie and the Anthonys (Kathy still sick), on an uneven and slippery shellrock/stone surface, I fell. by all accounts, I skidded a few feet and took about 6 pounds of rock and gravel
into the fat pads beneath the thumbs on both hands before my right brow-bone make contact, too. Very bloody mess indeed.

Got hands somewhat cleaned up and wrapped up by the "urgent volunteer" (said t-shirt) on duty. On way back home got dizzy and nauseous, and that worried me the most. Baseball knot on brow-bone with a bit of grit in it, too. But it stopped, thankfully. Took 3 of the 9 ibuprofin I had with me and went to bed. I cannot describe how much my hands hurt through the night. (Childbirth was a breeze by comparison!) Kept waking up and taking 3 more ibuprofin, praying I could stay asleep until 7:30 when I was told to return.

Went back to hospital (think MASH unit!) when they turned the lights on. I kept thinking how jungle rot could have set in during the night! When she unwrapped my left-hand bandage, she said, "That's
gross!" Geez! Anyway, she removed more rock and may have cut off the skin flaps. (All this hurt like nothing I've ever experienced). I had asked her if she could numb the area on the left hand before she began,and was very sorry I did. One of the shots in the wound was, well...

I am to go back tomorrow and Thursday for more clean-up. Cost? Ten dollars ( the cost of gauze,
tape and hydrogen peroxide). It's a state-owned hospital and the nurse said they were short on supplies. I want to give them some extra money when I leave on Frday (Thursday to you).

Knot on eye has gone down, but my eye and all around it are black. It hurts but not like my hands. Geoff Anthony (the Marine) has military-issue ibupr (800 mg), and that's my salvation.

Sunset this morning took my breath away. Though hand could barely handle the camera, I had to snap a few shots of it.

I'm being a big girl and haven't cried yet.

Dinner tonight with a village family member who will discuss the private dance they will perform for the three crews. I'm sure people will hold tight to me so I dont ruin yet another dinner! [Wink]

Posts: 13 | From: San Diego | Registered: Jun 2006  |  Logged: 63.84.110.232
reginebernardmarie
Missing Air Crew Member
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reginebernardmarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh mom, we're so sorry to read about your fall ! We hope you're in less pain now and that you're still able to enjoy this incredible experience.
We are especially thinking of you today as it is your BIRTHDAY !!!!
We wish you the VERY best.
All our love,

Regine, Bernard and Marie.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Missing Air Crew Project Forum

® Copyright, MissingAirCrew.com®, All rights reserved.